About the Service Blitz
Devote Saturday to serving and Sunday to giving! Committing the whole Super Bowl weekend to the Souper Bowl of Caring vision enhances the experience for participants and increases the impact in communities across the nation- and you can do all this and still catch the game! Our hope, in addition to collecting dollars and cans, is that you will spend the Saturday before the big game getting hands-on experience volunteering at a local non-profit or charity.
Why should your organization add a Service Blitz to your Souper Bowl of Caring activities?
- Helps youth connect the contents of their soup pots to the individuals directly benefiting from the dollar and can donations.
- Gives youth exposure to poverty, hunger, homelessness, and injustice in their own community.
- Builds perspectives and habits that prompt future volunteerism on a regular basis.
- Provides an opportunity to work with other Souper Bowl of Caring participants in your area.
- Increases attention from local media for your organization's efforts.
Adding a day of service prior to the big game can be as easy as volunteering a few hours at the charity to which you plan to donate your collections, or as exciting as a Service Blitz that involves your entire community!View Service Blitzes being held right now!
In certain cities, the Service Blitz is a larger, organized event that brings together youth and charities from across the city for a giant day of Service.