Searching for tag:
- Posted Feb 15th 2017 2pm by Meredith MasseyFans across the nation unite through Souper Bowl of Caring to tackle hunger and poverty in their local community.
- Posted Jan 2nd 2017 3:17pm by Kendra AtkinsSouper Bowl of Caring doesn't want to you neglect any of your resolutions but wants to introduce a new one: What if we told you in addition to losing pounds (if that's one of your goals), we want you to also raise pounds?
- Posted Dec 20th 2016 8am by Jamie ClarkLike it or not, technology is everywhere. It affects everything we do from communication to travel to finding recipes for dinner. One study found almost 90% of US citizens are on the internet. This is great news for philanthropy. Finding a worthy place to give or supporting a charity you already love, there are many more tools at your disposal than ever before. You now have a much larger platform to have your voice heard. So whether you're an early-adopter or long for simpler times, you can use a few of these tips to make your philanthropic experience more meaningful. Read more...
- Posted Nov 7th 2016 3pm by Melissa DaigneaultSouper Bowl of Caring was started on grassroots principles. Today we still rely on the passion of our participants to help spread the message of Souper Bowl of Caring. After all, who can better tell our story than someone who just experienced it?
- Posted Oct 11th 2016 3:27pm by Kendra AtkinsSome nonprofits struggle with engaging young volunteers. They seek to find out what are the key motivators for youth and teens, what inspires them to even volunteer with an organization in the first place and most importantly what keeps them coming back. Souper Bowl of Caring has some of the answers.
Try Something Different! These Participants Are Going For The Extra Point With Their Unique CollectionsPosted Oct 4th 2016 10:11am by Jamie ClarkMost of us who know about Souper Bowl of Caring can bring to mind the iconic idea of a collection: a group of young people holding soup pots, collecting money and canned goods on the Sunday of the Big Game. It's a simple idea that's easy to replicate whether you're at a place of worship, school or business. However one of best things about Souper Bowl of Caring is how unique you can make your collection to meet your group's own needs. Want to hold a fundraising breakfast instead? How about a pep-rally? How about getting all the groups in your area for a collaborative event? Your Souper Bowl of Caring collection can be whatever fits your group the best. Read more...
- Posted Sep 1st 2016 2:36pm by Renee GadsonIf you have been anywhere near social media over the past couple of weeks, many proud parents have been snapping and posting photos of their children on the first day of school for their friends and family to see. For children who rely on free or reduced lunch during the school year, the time between the last day of school and the first day of school can be a challenge.
breakfastchildrencollectioncollectionscommunitydonatedraftfoodfree and reducedgive backgivinggrassrootsgrowhungerinspirationjerseykidslose poundslunchmealsnationalnew yearnew year resolutionsparticipantsraise poundsrecruitregisterresolutionsretailerschoolseasonservicesharestaffsummer mealstackle hungertechnologyuniformunitevolunteeringyouth