March is National Nutrition Month, and you can help!
When donating to a hunger-relief charity, keep these nutritious food items in mind...
- Canned Proteins: Stews, soups, tuna, ravioli, lasagna, beefaroni and peanut butter
- Grains: Cereal, rice, pasta, and dried beans
- Fruits: Fruit cups, dried fruit (raisins, plums, cranberries), applesauce, 100% juice
- Canned Vegetables: Preferably low sodium ones
- Kid-Friendly Items: Fat and sugar free pudding, granola bars, popcorn and animal crackers
In 2014, Souper Bowl of Caring generated over $8 million in cash and food items for charities across the country, providing more than 17 million nutritious meals for those in need.
You can also help by donating to Souper Bowl of Caring. Text TACKLE to 80888 to donate $10 to Souper Bowl of Caring. This gift will allow us to engage 25 participants and generate more than 150 nutritious meals in 2015.